Staying at a hotel means enjoying and getting the most out of all the free amenities and services. When you book a room in one of the 5-star Dubai beach hotels, for instance, you will get a complimentary welcome drink when you arrive, free access to the swimming pools and gym and use of Wi-Fi.
But to have a more enjoyable, convenient, and stress-free stay at a hotel, there are other services and amenities that may not be free but are definitely worth splurging on. These include:
If you are on an overseas trip because of work or business, you will usually only have time to relax on your last day of stay at the hotel.
In case you want to take a dip at the pool, spend an additional hour at the gym, or simply enjoy a lie-in, paying an additional fee to stay for two to four hours more in your room after the checkout time is definitely worth it.
- This is a service worth paying for if you also have a late flight. You can relax in your room for a few hours before heading to the airport.
- Many hotels provide a complimentary breakfast buffet for their guests. However, not all hotels offer this.
- Whether you’re on a business or corporate trip or on a holiday with your family, paying extra for a breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet or set meals will give you and all your companions a world of convenience. You won’t have to worry about where to eat or being late for a meal.
- When you’re dining at the hotel restaurant, you will also be sure that your children will get to eat something tasty and nutritious since they usually have a kids’ menu.
Ironing and laundry services
- When you are on a business or corporate trip, you need to wear immaculately prepared outfits to impress your clients, top brass or employees. However, your clothes may get wrinkled inside the luggage during transit.
- In case you don’t have portable steam iron or you really need to have your business suit ironed fast, don’t hesitate to call for hotel ironing services. The additional fee will be worth it especially if you want to leave a good impression on the people you need to meet.
- If you need to have a piece of clothing washed immediately because you spilled wine on it or got another type of stain, don’t think twice for paying for a laundry or dry cleaning services as well. To restore the quality of an expensive shirt or jacket that you accidentally got stained, avail of this convenient hotel service as soon as possible.
- Some family resort hotels in Dubai offer guests the opportunity to upgrade to a club-level or a daily club-level suite for a certain fee. This is something you should consider splurging on if you will be going on a family holiday in Dubai.
- This add-on will give you and your family free snacks, beverages, and access to certain resorts or beaches outside the hotel property. Other perks include free shuttle services, access to the hotel’s 24-hour club lounge, evening appetizers, and complimentary breakfasts.
- Lastly, paying for club-level privileges will also allow you to choose better rooms that have great views and concierge access.
- Finally, if you really want to experience a luxurious hotel stay, pay extra for a butler service. Many 5-star hotels and resorts offer this service if you book a luxury suite or room, or if you ask for it.
- Upon your arrival at the hotel, you will have a butler to assist you every time you need help. He will show and explain the features of your room, and will even unpack your luggage. If you need your clothes ironed, the butler will do this for you as well.
- Your butler can also deliver your snacks, lunch or dinner in your room. If you’re on the road or outside the hotel and you need to have something done urgently such as reserve a table at a restaurant, you can call or send a message to the butler to do it for you.
- Although these services and amenities mean spending a little bit of extra, every dollar you spend on them will be worth it since they will make your hotel stay more comfortable, enjoyable, and simply amazing.
- AUTHOR BIO
- Thomas Grundner is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for JA Resorts & Hotels. He has more than 20 years of expertise in the hospitality and leisure industry – across international markets including Germany, Egypt and Spain. Grundner oversees all sales, marketing and revenue efforts as the company continues to build on its key growth and development strategies and further cultivates its unique blend of “Heartfelt Hospitality” and “Casual Luxury.”