These days when people are down and stressed due to their work environments and family issues, laughter turns out the be a good medicine for the aching heart. People love listening to their favourite comedian or read jokes here so that they can release their stress. In case you are looking forward to be a comedian, check the below mentioned tips:
- Make people laugh – People with a lively sense of humour are always cracking jokes. As a fact, being funny has its own perks. When you are planning to take up comedy as a means of livelihood, you need to ensure that you have such jokes which makes people laugh out loud. You can practice being a comedian by being funny around friends.
- Get on the stage and try – The first thing you should do is take the feel of the stage performance. So lose all your inhibition and climb the stage. Get some jokes from the internet but deliver them in such a manner which appears like these were your jokes. Eventually in case you felt comfortable and enjoyed your stint on the stage, you can start writing your own jokes. Being comfortable on the stage will let you know in case this job is meant for you or not.
- Learn from other comedians – This is an important tip. Reading biographies of the comedians and watching them perform on stage can help you learn more. You can also see how skilfully these expert comedians handle tough audience. Pick up things from them you feel you might need to do as well.
- Practice makes perfect – Finding or thinking of saying something funny needs practice. The more you practice, the more perfect you will get. You need to have the temperament and dedication to pursue your passion of being a comedian.
- Awards are not very important – In case you have a great reputation in the comedy business, you must not be bothered about awards. These awards are not important but then surely you will get these one day.
- Finding your own personal style – Even if you are following a great number of comedians online or otherwise, make sure that you do not end up copying them. You need to find out your own personal style. Though it doesn’t come immediately but eventually everything comes down to that. The more you practice, more your skill and style will develop.